influenster

Sunday, January 26, 2014

I love to read!!

One of my very favorite things to do is read books. Before I became a mom , I could read at least two books a week. When I was pregnant , I read 7 books in two weeks. My husband calls it my habit  and he helps me keep up on it. Reading a book and getting into a good story is like going to another world for me, a temporary get away. I love getting lost in a love story and getting excited with a suspense story or a mystery! I love books that make me cry or laugh out loud. Those are my favorite authors. The ones who can make me feel the emotions of the characters and feel the story. I always feel at a loss when a story or series is finished and I didn't want it to be over. Reading started for me in the 6th grade. And from there on , I could stay up all night with a book reading it. I have quite a collection of different authors now. Once in a while I will pass them on to other people to enjoy because I kind of want to pay it forward or thin out my small library. I have my son in a kids book club and I am hoping he loves reading as much as I do. right now he loves being read to so that's a good start. I always preferred to actually hold a book and turn the pages. It's not the same for me on any kind of electronic device. I don't like it. I really hope these devices don't make actual books go extinct. That would be a sad day for me. I used to write short stories and I've written a lot of poetry in the past 15 years or so. It's kind of like an outlet for me to express myself because I am not very good with words coming out of my mouth. I wish I could shake the hand of the very first person who wrote something down and made it into a story because it started a beautiful thing in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment