influenster

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Do unto Others

I love charity work. Although I don't do a lot of it. But when I do help or donate, it feels amazing. I get letters from a church a lot with advice in them and scriptures. They always ask for donations to help their cause and I don't mind doing that sometimes. I also get stuff in the mail from cancer foundations and veterans foundations. I cant always help them though. I know this is supposed to be for avid charity work but I'm not going to lie and say I'm the most helpful out there. I would like to be though. I do love passing stuff on to others and giving my sons clothes and toys away after he has out grown them. I love that feeling I get when someone's day has been made because of a good deed. I am however participating in a pay it forward project this year. I asked for 5 people to volunteer their time to send random people and act of kindness in the mail at any given time. I got 6! So these six people will get that act of kindness and they as well will do the same thing for others this years. Creating a huge connection across the world of love and kindness without expecting anything in return. One of my resolutions this year is to do more and help more. I really want to accomplish this goal and keep it up. I want to inspire others to do so as well. God tells us to love one another as He loves us and I would love to spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment